The County of San Mateo’s YESS program is a no cost education program that educates students about sea level rise and empowers youth to have a voice in adaptation planning.
The YESS program offers the following opportunities to high schools in San Mateo County:
- In classroom facilitation of the Game of Floods
- Sea level rise exploration field trip to the Cooley Landing Education Center in East Palo Alto
- Final project support
- Teacher’s Guide (Correlated with Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core)
Join us. Here’s how:
Request a Game of Floods classroom presentation and activity. Contact Jackie Nunez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a field trip to the Cooley Landing Education Center. Field trips are filled on a first come first served basis.
Use the YESS curriculum in your classroom. Download the YESS Teacher’s Guide (NGSS and Common Core aligned for grades 9-12)
Join our Teacher’s Advisory Committee. Find more information here.
Our impact since 2015:
- 800+ students have participated in the YESS program
- 600+ native plants planted during habitat restoration field trips at the East Palo Alto Baylands
- 12 San Mateo County high schools engaged in service-based learning
- Student have participated in the Living Shoreline Art Project
- Community partnerships with non-profits including Grassroots Ecology and the Marine Science Institute
Contact Jackie Nunez at email@example.com or call (650) 363-4736.